The Hank and Arlene Wintczak Memorial Internship
The Fox Valley Concert Band is pleased to announce the Hank & Arlene Wintczak Memorial Internships in memory of FVCB founding members and section leaders, Hank & Arlene Wintczak.
- Up to two internships will be awarded in each time period: September-December, January-May, May-August.
- Each internship award will be a maximum of $400.
- Award monies are to be used for private music lessons or summer music camp expenses.
- Winners will rehearse and perform with the Fox Valley Concert Band during the time period of the internship. They may also be required to fulfill other minor administrative roles with the band.
- Winners may be included as featured soloists on concerts.
- Awards may be renewable for additional time periods.
- Eligibility criteria must be met to receive the award.
- Preferred applicant will be participating in a high school or college music program in Illinois.
- High School students must have the consent of their band director, parent and private teacher to apply.
- Applicant must have a high level of musicianship and musical maturity.
- Applicant must be able to attend all rehearsals and performances during the time period of the internship.
- Applicant must audition on the date announced for the time period.
Audition Dates 2018/19: Tuesdays, September 4 (for September-December), January 8 (for January-May) and May 14 (for May – September)
- 7:00 pm in the Geneva High School band room (door 23E).
- Approximately 10 minutes in length and will include this year’s ILMEA senior scale sheet and other material that you prepare. The scale sheets can be downloaded from https://www.ilmea.org/site_media/filer_public/2017/09/20/ilmeaseniorscales1.pdf. Please bring a copy of the scales for the appropriate instrument.
- Will be administered by the Music Director of the Fox Valley Concert Band, Dr. Colin Holman
- Following the audition the applicant will participate in the weekly rehearsal from 7:30-9:30pm.
- Application can be downloaded here: Internship Application Form.
- Application is due one week in advance of the audition date.
- Application must be e-mailed to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to FVCB, PO Box 1422, St. Charles, IL 60174
About the Fox Valley Concert Band:
We are a 75-piece non-profit concert band performing since 1982. We offer our concerts to the public free of charge The Fox Valley Concert Band is supported in part by the Illinois Arts Council, the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley and the St. Charles Cultural Commission as well as many corporate and private sponsors. More information about the FVCB can be obtained on our website: www.fvcb.org.
Rehearsals and Scheduled Concerts:
Rehearsals: Tuesday evenings from 7:30-9:30pm in Geneva High School band room.
2018/19 Performances: visit www.fvcb.org for concert details.
- Sunday, November 4 @ 3:00pm – The Norris Cultural Arts Center, St. Charles, IL
- Tuesday, December 4 @ 7:30pm – The Holmstad, Batavia, IL
- Sunday, December 9 @ 3:00pm – The Norris Cultural Arts Center, St. Charles, IL
- Friday, December 14 @ 7:30pm – Greenfields of Geneva, Geneva, IL
- Sunday, March 3 @ 3:00pm – The Norris Cultural Arts Center, St. Charles, IL
- Sunday, May 5 @ 3:00pm – The Norris Cultural Arts Center, St. Charles, IL
- Additional concerts may be added.
Please do NOT apply for this internship if you know you have conflicts with the dates in the time period for which you are auditioning. By submitting your application you, and those who sign the application form, acknowledge your availability. One excused absence from a rehearsal can be allowed.
The Hank & Arlene Wintczak Memorial Internships are awarded solely on the basis of the applicants’ demonstrated musical abilities and availability. No consideration is given to any other factor, such as an applicants’s sex, race, national origin, religion, disabilities or economic circumstances.