The Hank and Arlene Wintczak Memorial Internship
The Fox Valley Concert Band is pleased to announce an internship in memory of founding members and section leaders, Hank and Arlene Wintczak.
For full details and description, download the internship application.
This internship is for student musicians:
- - who are in a high school or collegiate music program*
- - who demonstrate musicianship and musical maturity
- - who can attend rehearsals and performances
*High school sophomores through undergraduates preferred, but the conductor may consider older or younger applicants
- - Receive a stipend to cover music-related expenses
- - Play in a dedicated adult wind band among experienced musicians
- - Prepare for a challenging program in a compact concert cycle (4-8 weeks)
Award periods are from:
- - Sep--Nov
- - Jan--Mar
- - Mar--May
- - May--July
Applications due by:
- - Aug 25
- - Dec 25
- - Feb 25
- - Apr 25
- Read and fill out the application.
- Email application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail $15 application fee to FVCB, PO Box 1422, St. Charles, IL 60174.
- Arrange a 10-minute audition with the conductor and your section leader. The audition includes:
- the ILMEA scales for your instrument
- an excerpt that demonstrates your musicianship
Note: Some instruments have an additional excerpt requirement. Ask the conductor for more information.